Children & Modern Families
Areas of Experience
- Child arrangement orders and enforcement
- Fertility law, including:
- Surrogacy and assisted reproduction
- Donor conception
- Adoption and parental rights
- Fertility treatment law
- Adoption of children
- Special guardianship orders
- Parental responsibility, specific issue and prohibited steps orders
- International Children law, including:
- Cross border jurisdictional disputes
- Applications to take a child to another country
- International child abduction cases (involving bothHague Convention and non-Hague Convention countries)
- International public law cases involving transfer of proceedings and placement of children with their extended families
- Enforcement of child arrangement and other orders in overseas jurisdictions
- Appeals to the High Court, the Court of Appeal andthe Supreme Court
36 Family has the depth and breadth of expertise and experience to deal with the full range of family work through its main specialist sub–groups: Family Finance, Children & Modern Families and Care proceedings. From the most complex disputes to smaller and lower value ones, every case is treated with the utmost importance and respect.
We also provide a full and bespoke out of court Dispute Resolution service which utilises the expert skills of our family barristers as mediators, arbitrators and through neutral evaluation (private FDR hearings).
The expertise of several members is recognised by the most prominent directories, Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500.
Private Law - Children
Chambers has dealt with many of the most difficult disputes over children’s welfare and has a wealth of experience in all aspects of child law.
We particularly excel in matters which require patient and creative management and in those which involve serious allegations of harm to children. Our leading junior barristers often act against Queen's Counsel in the most serious cases ofthis nature.
A large proportion of our cases concerning children contain an international element. We are also regularly instructed in cases concerning international child abduction and cases of domestic and international relocation. The enforcement of orders concerning children, in this jurisdiction and overseas, is a regular part of our work.
Examples of the work that we have regular experience of doing include:
- Disputes over contact and residence
- Relocation overseas
- Relocation within the UK
- Child abduction
- Disputes over children’s schooling
- Changes of children’s names
- Disputes between parents over children’s health care
- Enforcement of orders in England and internationally
We aim to provide the highest levels of service, with the emphasis on quality, approachability and accessibility. We aim to provide excellent and cost–effective advice and representation. We recognise the pressures that our solicitor clients face daily and the emotional pressures upon our lay clients. Our objective is to ease the burden on both.
As a team, we hold regular meetings and conduct in–house training to build expertise and excellence through shared experience. We also provide updating for our regular solicitors through our quarterly newsletter and lectures (in–house by arrangement – please contact us). Our regular newsletters are praised and much sought–after.
Many members of the team also blog and tweet on issues of family law. You will find links to their social media feeds on their profile pages.
The team and those instructing us are supported by our highly regarded clerking team. The team consists of a Family Practice Manager, Danny Chapman, six dedicated family clerks (Ashley London, Adam Cope, Frazer Vye, Ellis Mills, Jack Dresner & Megan Maillardet) and a junior clerk, supported by the fees clerks and our administrative team.