Our Members provide specialist legal advisory, drafting and advocacy services on property related matters ranging from landlord and tenant issues, trusts and sale of property, to boundary disputes and social housing.
Our property barristers have extensive experience of the following areas:
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant
- Sale and purchase of land
- Trusts and equitable interests
- Agriculture and the Single Farm Payment scheme
- Boundary disputes and adverse possession
- Covenants, easements and rights of way
- Negotiation and disputes arising out of leases and licences
- Party Wall Act disputes
- Proceedings before the Property Chamber, First Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Associated professional negligence actions
In real property, our team is instructed in boundary disputes (including trespass, nuisance and easements), adverse possession, land registration, co-ownership disputes (TOLATA), conveyancing disputes, enforcement and discharge of restrictive covenants, and planning. Our property barristers often deal with mortgages, charges and orders for sale, as well as property damage cases.
Within landlord & tenant, Members have particular expertise in service charge, management and other leasehold disputes (including enfranchisement), homelessness and social housing (including ASBI and ASBO applications), dilapidations, and 1954 Act terminations. Our property team also boasts expertise in matters relating to commercial leases, including repossessions, professional negligence, rent reviews, forfeiture and surrender, and claims for new tenancies under the 1954 Act.
With over 140 barristers, mediators and arbitrators (including 18 King’s Counsel, 3 Senior Counsel from Ireland and South Africa, and a Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court of India), as well as operations in Singapore and Hong Kong, The 36 Group a truly international multi-specialist set. We are uniquely placed to provide advice and representation on property law issues before English and international courts at all levels.