International Arbitration forms the core of our practice. Our members have a wealth of experience acting as Counsel and Arbitrators in: (a) arbitrations; (b) in applications to Court related to arbitrations; and (c) appeals/challenges to arbitration awards.
Our arbitration team is formed of barristers with industry-recognised expertise and market knowledge delivering advocacy and advisory services for clients from all over the world. We are familiar with all major institutional arbitration regimes.
A strong set with heavyweight barristers. (Legal 500 2023)
- Acting for a leading international conglomerate in billion-dollar LCIA and ICC arbitrations arising out of the supply of power generation equipment in Africa.
- Acting as counsel in SIAC arbitration proceedings involving in excess of US$200m of disputes relating to construction of major plant facility in South East Asia.
- Acting in a billion-dollar ICC arbitration, defending an LNG merchant from a price review request.
- Acting in a multi-million dollar oil & gas LCIA arbitration concerning the sale and purchase of an oil block in Pakistan.
- Acting for US and Brazilian companies in ICC arbitration in Sao Paulo in relation to indemnity in joint venture agreement for environmental claims.
- Acting in a multi-million dollar joint venture wind farm ad hoc international arbitration, between Danish and Irish companies.
- Acting on behalf of a leading oil and gas company in the Middle East in ad hoc arbitrations (PCA/The Hague) against a state-owned enterprise seeking multi-billion dollar damages for total failure to supply under a gas supply agreement.
Our arbitrator team are regularly appointed by the major institutions in commercial disputes. They have been appointed in hundreds of matters and have decades of experience arbitrating high value cases.
We have arbitrators based in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Our arbitrators accept appointments from across the globe, including in institutions such as: LCIA, ICC, LOF, HKIAC, SIAC, SCC, SCMA, SHIAC, BVIIAC and LMAA. We have arbitrated cases involving a wide array of jurisdictions including: BVI, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, Kenya, Mauritius, Pakistan and the USA.
The following members accept arbitral appointments:
- Vasanti Selvaratnam KC
- Elizabeth Blackburn KC
- Colin Ong KC
- Doran Doeh
- Charles Debattista
- Mary Thomson
- Colin Wright
- Ravi Aswani
- Jamsheed Peeroo
- Heidi Yildiz