We offer a ‘cradle to grave’ service, advising at the critical pre-charge stage and in relation to restraint proceedings, moving through to trial and confiscation proceedings thereafter if necessary. In addition, we have extensive experience of cases with an international dimension, enabling us to advise on a variety of cross-jurisdictional issues and investigations.
36 Crime has particular expertise in Cyber law and many areas of corporate and financial crime are often strongly connected to this.
Many members of the team have vast experience of criminal regulatory issues and are perfectly adept at dealing with cases where there are crossover aspects, particularly in regard to environmental crime, health and safety and trading standards.
We have extensive experience in proceeds of crime, restraint, confiscation, and civil recovery provisions, including associated appellate work.
We also assist and advise in internal investigations carried out by Companies who face either an allegation that staff have committed fraud, or where a company has been the victim of fraud.
Our barristers have experience of a wide spectrum of issues which companies or individuals can face, including allegations of:
- Boiler room fraud
- Bribery and corporate corruption
- Cartel activity and price fixing
- Commercial fraud
- Competition and Marketing Authority prosecutions
- Corporate and investment fraud
- Cyber fraud
- Direct and indirect tax fraud
- Diversion fraud
- Evasion of duty
- Fabricated accident claims involving fraud rings
- FCA offences
- Fraudulent trading
- Insider dealing
- Internal investigations
- Money laundering
- MTIC carousel/VAT fraud
- Pension, insurance and mortgage fraud
- Pharmaceutical and health industry fraud
- Ponzi scheme fraud
- Property fraud
- Revenue fraud
- Sanctions (SFO investigations, international state co-operation, and advice on internal investigations and compliance)
- Trading standards fraud