We are commercial litigation specialists. Our members act and offer advisory services in a wide range of high-value commercial disputes.
36 Stone is a dedicated commercial set with its members having experience with high value, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes. Legal 500, 2023
Our experience is broad and covers:
- Art, Media and Entertainment disputes
- Banking and Finance disputes
- Shareholder, Partnership and Insolvency disputes
- Seeking and Defending Injunctions
- Fintech, Technology and Digital Assets
- Offshore disputes
- Contract disputes
- Civil Fraud
- Conflict of Laws/Jurisdiction disputes
- Private Client / Wills, Probate & Trusts
- Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Acting in a US$1.5billion banking trial concerning two syndicated loan facilities to five related Indian-incorporated borrowers.
- Advising on a complex shareholder dispute involving claims for breach of contract and allegations of fraud among six development companies, spanning three countries.
- Advising on the tokenisation of a property portfolio valued at over £400m and the development of an associated digital trading platform to ensure cryptoassets and other financial instruments traded on the platform satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Acting in a claim in the BVI Commercial Court brought by a Ukrainian Bank against its former majority shareholders for £65 million.
- Acting in a significant Norwich Pharmacal / Bankers Trust Commercial Court case involving several international banks and considering difficult issues relating to jurisdiction.
- Acting for a group of partners from a large London law firm in a partnership dispute.
- Acting in a high value dispute relating to an oral contract between sophisticated investors for the sale of the beneficial interest in shares in a property-development company.
- Successfully applying for a worldwide freezing injunction and obtaining permission to enforce the injunction worldwide in a high value crypto fraud matter.
- Acting in claims against former directors of large companies in relation to the use of confidential information.
- Acting in multiple hearings in the commercial court in disputes relating to mining joint venture agreements.
- Successfully defending against a claim for breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2018 following the disclosure of customer financial date to a credit referencing agency.
- Successfully defending an infringement action brought against a social media client for an alleged breach of intellectual property rights asserted in user-generated content.