The broad experience and expertise of the 36 Group’s Criminal team across all types of criminal cases is reinforced by specialist barristers who also practice in regulatory matters.
Members can advise and represent corporate and individual clients facing proceedings brought by regulators including the Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Trading Standards and local authorities.
We also have significant experience in financial regulation and corporate crime.
Members of this team continue to undertake regular criminal work and are therefore best placed to advise and provide representation where there is a regulatory and criminal interface.
We have particular expertise in:
- Health, Safety and the Environment
- Professional discipline
- Statutory Tribunals
- Judicial review
- Financial services (with link to another page)
- Consumer law and Trading standards (with link to own page)
- Inquiries and Inquests (with link to own page)
- Bribery and AML compliance in the regulated sector
- Statutory and internal investigations
- Data protection and freedom of information
- Applications under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, in the criminal and civil courts with link to that page
Several members of the team sit as chairs, panel members and legal advisors in various tribunals.