Chief Operating Officer
Rowan is the Chief Operating Officer and is reponsible for the daily operation of Chambers.
Rowan has been able to combine his passion for technology with his drive for business and continues to look for ways to innovate across Chambers.
Having been at The 36 Group since 2009, Rowan has experience in all areas of Chambers, including the Clerks' Room and the Administration team.
Rowan is the Data Protection Lead for Chambers and is also a full member of the LPMA (Legal Practice Managers Association). He is secretary to the Executive Board and also chairs the staff Operations Board.
Rowan holds qualifications in Business Administration, Business Management, Health and Safety and First Aid. He is also a qualified Mental Health First Aider.
Rowan regularly contributes to discussions on technology in the legal sector. Some of his contributions are below:
- SMEs and the post COVID-19 world of work
- Trello: Implementing and recognising the importance of organisation in the legal sector
- Productivity: The challenges and evolution of legal technology
- Password Management: Protecting sensitive data with the right technology
- Emails: The importance of organisation and structure for digital communications
- The 36 Group Advocacy Competition - A view from the Bar Podcast
Rowan sits on the Institute of Barristers Clerks (IBC) management committee and chairs the IBC IT and Social Media committee.