Kakoly has built a busy practice in the fields of criminal law, public and administrative law, human rights and regulatory law. With a background in international law and fluency in several languages, Kakoly is regularly instructed to advise and assist government departments in discrete and complex areas of litigation.
As C Panel Counsel to the SFO and a Grade 2 Prosecutor, Kakoly is regularly instructed to prosecute and defend in cases ranging across the spectrum from violence, drugs and sexual offences to fraud, asset forfeiture, corruption and bribery. Kakoly has also been instructed by the Nursing and Midwifery Council in respect of fitness to practice cases including health, conduct and competence. Her knowledge of medical sciences makes her adept and quick to grasp material of a scientific nature.
- Public Law
- Criminal Law - Sexual Offences, White Collar Fraud
- International Criminal Law
- Healthcare Regulation
- Immigration Law
Appointments & Memberships
- Appointed to the SFO C Panel in 2013
- Grade 2 Prosecutor in General Crime
- Bar Pro Bono Unit: Nominee for the Bar Pro Bono Award 2013
- Free Representation Unit Panel Member
- Pegasus Trust Alumni
- Deutsche Akademische Austausch Dienst
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Fair Trials International Network of European Young Defenders