Steven Evans is in high demand, a leading junior, conducting the most serious criminal cases.
He conducts complex and high-profile matters.
His persuasive manner means that he is sought out to present cases of high sensitivity, and to represent professional clients.
He is currently acting in a ‘baby shaking’ case involving examination of detailed expert medical evidence.
In addition to leading criminal work he has considerable experience in Health and Safety law; recently successfully representing a defendant accused of gross negligence manslaughter, and health and safety offences.
He also practices before the Police Disciplinary Tribunal, and is Head of Chambers Police Disciplinary Team. He specialises in representing Police Officers charged with Gross Misconduct for the Police Federation at tribunal hearings, appearing this year at a tribunal described as a ‘landmark’ hearing.
He sits as a Recorder on the Midlands circuit and is ‘ticketed’ to hear serious sex cases. He is a Grade 4/panel prosecutor
He has recently been appointed to the ‘Restricted Patients Panel’, considering the status of prisoner’s subject to Hospital Restriction.
"He is a brilliant advocate who could charm the birds out of the trees.""
- Murders, including a child murder, and an international case involving issues of jurisdiction and evidence given abroad
- Gross Negligence manslaughter/health and safety
- 150 million ‘Breaking Bad’ production case
- Major importation case raising issues of jurisdiction, extradition and the admissibility of ‘listening device’ evidence
- A Major banking fraud (£1 million)
- Allegations of historic rape against vulnerable children with mental health difficulties (raising issues of ‘doli incapax’)
- High Court ‘confiscation proceedings’
- Police Disciplinary Hearings involving dishonesty
36 Crime Newsletter
Appointments & Memberships
- Recorder of the Crown Court
- Legally Qualified Chair of the Police Disciplinary Tribunals
R v D
R v Edgar