Chris specialises in family finance law. His cases typically involve complex factual and legal issues, and require excellent client care and witness handling skills. He acts for clients throughout the UK. Chris regularly acts in cases with an international dimension.
Chris is a member of the Family Law Bar Association and an affiliate member of Resolution. He is a contributing author to the Practical Law Company website on family law.
- Financial remedies upon divorce or upon dissolution of civil partnership – particularly cases involving:– Business assets;– Trusts (onshore and offshore);– Partnerships;– Disputes over property owned with third parties;– Inheritance;– International jurisdiction and enforcement.
- Property disputes between cohabitees or other family members.
- Pre–nuptial, cohabitation and other marital agreements.
- Financial provision for children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
- Claims against estates under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975.
- Disputes over the administration of estates and probate.
- Disputes over international jurisdiction and forum non conveniens in all the above areas.
Appointments & Memberships
- Member of the Family Law Bar Association
- Affiliate member of Resolution
S v S
Representing W in the PRFD and High Court. Case involved a banker living in Germany with income in the region of £400,000 pa and where the primary assets of the marriage were share schemes and pensions held in the UK and throughout Europe.
R v R
A case involving companies in the UK and jointly–owned hotel complex in Thailand.
B v B
Representing W who had set up a successful company post–separation and where there were family–owned properties in UK and Asia.
G v G
Resisting at short notice in the High Court W’s applications for a worldwide freezing injunction.
B v B
Representing H in his argument that assets inherited post–separation and held on trust in the UK, Europe and Australia were not part of the matrimonial assets.