WILLS, PROBATE, AND THE ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES
Our barristers have a wealth of expertise across the full spectrum of traditional Chancery and private client work.
We regularly appear in the English courts at all levels in inheritance and probate litigation, including in actions for the removal of trustees and personal representatives, Inheritance Act disputes, breach of trust claims, construction and rectification matters, and applications for variations of trust. The team’s experience covers all associated interim remedies, including applications for injunctive relief and the appointment of interim administrators.
Our core areas of work include:
- Advising on and acting in contentious probate disputes concerning the validity of wills and challenges alleging lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval, undue influence, forgery or defective execution etc.
- Advising on and acting in applications for rectification of wills under the Administration of Justice Act 1982.
- Advising on and acting in claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Advising on and acting in claims against personal representatives and in litigation concerning the administration process.
- Advising on the interpretation of wills
- Advising on and acting in proprietary estoppel claims arising out of testamentary promises
- Advising on post-death tax planning and deeds of variation