Technology, E-Commerce and Data Law
Areas of Experience
- Information Technology / Software
- Hardware development
- Computing misuse
- Drones and autonomous vehicles
- Artificial Intelligence issues
- Digital media
- Commercialisation of Product and Services
- Contracts and transactions of all description
- Software licensing, User T&C’s
- Intellectual Property Protection (software design, source code and branding)
- Outsourcing / R&D
- Data Protection
- Information Security
- Phishing and spamming
- Data theft recovery
- Data encryption
- Disputes and Resolution
- Privacy Injunctions
- Misuse of Technology
- Passing off
- Identity theft
- Reputation protection/misuse of image rights
- Damages claims
- Resolution (Mediation & Arbitration)
What is Covered?
The 36 Tech group within 36 Civil concentrates on law, regulation and contracts relating to technology, e-commerce and data.
We provide legal and advocacy services to corporates and individuals in relation to the commercialisation of their “good name”, products and services, the protection of their technology, brand and intellectualy property and the rights and responsibilites in relation to personal data.
Barristers provide advice and advocacy legal services both on referral from solicitors as well as directly from the public (corporate or personal) under the Direct Public Access scheme.