The 36 Group is a dynamic set. The major restructuring of the set a few years ago along business lines has proven successful and our reputation continues to grow nationally and internationally. Our barristers include more than 20 Silks, and a large number of arbitrators and judicial appointees.
In 2019 we moved to high spec new premises in Gray’s Inn, London including a suite of facilities suitable for arbitration, mediation and video conferencing to reflect our increased levels of private dispute resolution and international work. We also have offices in Singapore and Cyprus.
Led by an energetic Executive Board and well supported by practice / business development managers, the set has experienced burgeoning work across a number of practice areas in recent times.
We are organised into five main practice groups: 36 Family, 36 Crime, 36 Commercial, 36 Public and Human Rights and 36 Stone (International Trade and Shipping). Within these groups there are further areas of specialism.
Each operates as though it were an individual set of Chambers, with their own team heads, practice and business development managers and clerking teams. But real advantage is presented by cross referrals / cross selling across the different practice groups and the ability to share expertise.
We are currently inviting applications from established practitioners (i.e. of at least 3 years call), in the following practice areas:
· Crime (especially cybercrime specialists)
· Family Finance
· Shipping and International Trade
The 36 Group has a proud history of inclusivity and diversity. Our barristers come from a wide range of personal circumstances. We seek to encourage the widest diversity of applications from all highly talented applicants at any stage of their career, including BAME and LGBTQ applicants, overseas applicants and those from underprivileged circumstances or experiencing any form of disability.
For a confidential discussion please contact:
· Family: Hannah Markham QC (Head of Family) firstname.lastname@example.org or Danny Chapman (Family Practice Manager) email@example.com
· Crime: Christopher Donnellan (Head of Crime) firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Simpson (Crime Practice Manager) email@example.com
· Commercial: Richard Wilson QC (Head of Commercial) or Steven Newbery (Commercial Practice Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stone: Charles Debatista (Head of Stone) email@example.com or Paul Martenstyn (Stone Director of Clerking) firstname.lastname@example.org
· Public: Simon Harding (Head of Public) email@example.com or Everton Wedderburn (Public Senior Clerk) firstname.lastname@example.org
The 36 Group Chambers occasionally offers Probationary Tenancies (traditionally called “Third Six Month pupillages”) to applicants who have successfully completed pupillage in another set of Chambers, but not offered tenancy in that set.
Our policy of offering Probationary Tenancies reflects our commitment to those who come to us on the completion of pupillage elsewhere.