36 Stone – COVID-19 Announcement – working together through these times
Like many others in these challenging times, we at 36 Stone are working hard to ensure the safety of our Members and Clerks and to continue to offer the level of service to which those who instruct us are accustomed. With these twin objectives in mind, and in line with the advice given by the Government and the World Health Organisation, we have made the following arrangements from today until further notice:
- All of our Members and our Clerks are working from home until further notice. They can all be contacted on their usual Chambers email addresses and telephone numbers, contact details given at the end of this message.
- Chambers, at 4 Field Court in Gray’s Inn, is closed. We would ask you therefore not to send any documents related to live matters you currently have with Members to that address. Please send documents electronically to the Member instructed, copied to the Clerks. Please liaise with Counsel instructed or appointed as Arbitrator for an alternative address for hard copy bundles.
- Again given that 4 Field Court is closed, all conferences with Members will be held by Zoom: please contact the Clerks to organise such conferences. All Members are familiar with Zoom and there should be no problem running conferences through this medium.
- Similarly, we are well-equipped to run arbitrations and mediations by Zoom, whether the Member instructed is acting as Counsel or as Arbitrator. We have done this before and the Clerks would be happy to organise this for you.
- The work of the Courts continues in the manner set out here from which you will see that cases will continue in the way agreed by the parties and the Court. Please contact the Clerks if you have hearings coming up in the next three months and they will be happy to contact the Listings Office for advice specific to your particular matter.
- Our First Clerk is Mike Wright who can be contacted at email@example.com or on 020 7440 6900 or on 07807 748069
Like yourselves, we are sure, we very much hope that we shall all be able to revert to normal working practices at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, though, rest assured that we shall be doing our very best to provide the best possible service we can. Also, best wishes and keep safe
Head of 36 Stone