Philip Hackett QC authors chapter in 'International Corruption'
29th June 2018
Sweet and Maxwell have just published the second edition of ‘International Corruption’.
Philip Hackett QC is the author of the UK Chapter, Chapter 1, ‘Law, practice and procedure in the UK after the Bribery Act 2010’.
This chapter covers
- Prosecuting agencies
- Overview of the Bribery Act
- General Bribery Offences
- Offences of bribing another person.
- Offences relating to being bribed.
- Elements of the Offences
- Facilitation payments and Corporate hospitality and promotional payments.
- Bribery of foreign public officials
- Criminal liability of corporations and management
- Failure of commercial organisations to prevent bribery
- The statutory defence of adequate procedures
- Deferred prosecution agreements and case law
- LPP in international corruption investigations
- Future trends