Tim specialises in employment law and commercial and civil litigation.
His practice includes a full range of statutory claims before the ET and common law actions in the High Court with a particular emphasis on injunctive relief work.
He acts in civil and commercial litigation in the High Court and County Court, particularly in claims involving contractual disputes.
He is often instructed by professionals, including medical professionals, teachers, bankers and accountants.
Tim also has experience of international law and foreign jurisdictions. He has a masters degree in international law and has spent time working for the United Nations in a war crimes tribunal in Bosnia.
In addition to his legal practice Tim lectures and publishes. He is a guest lecturer at 2 London universities and has authored numerous articles.
ET and EAT:
- Acting for a Respondent bank as junior counsel led by a leading employment QC in a heavy duty whistleblowing and discrimination claim in the ET and EAT.
- Instructed by a trade union in a 15 day whistleblowing claim in the ET.
- Acting for a Claimant as junior counsel led by a leading employment QC in a hard fought strike out application in a discrimination claim against a large City law firm.
- Acting for the Claimant in an appeal involving allegations of judicial bias (Anderson v Royal Mail Group Plc UKEATPA/1159/14/RN).
- Acting for the Respondent in an appeal on time limits (Majid v AA Solicitors Limited UKEATPA/0742/14/JOJ).
High Court (Injunctive relief work):
- Successfully obtained an interim injunction acting for Dragon’s Den’s ‘Chika’s Foods’ in a case involving employee misuse of social media (Chika’s Foods & another v Jarratt 2018 (QB).
- Successfully obtained an interim injunction in a complex company and partnership dispute.
- Successfully obtained an interim injunction in a case involving employee dishonesty.
- Multi-party fraud claim involving multiple complex interim applications (Chancery Division).
- Multi-party conspiracy to procure a breach of contract claim (Queen’s Bench Division).
- Application for contempt of court (C v H  EWHC 2366 (QB).
Cases involving medical professionals:
- Advising a high net worth Consultant Psychiatrist in relation to a redundancy claim.
- Acting for a Consultant Cardiologist in ET proceedings.
- Advising a Consultant Cosmetic Surgeon in relation to restraint of trade and restrictive covenants.
- Advising a Consultant Surgeon in relation to a constructive dismissal claim.
- Advising a GP in a partnership dispute.
- Acting for a Radiologist in a professional disciplinary hearing.
- Acting for a Pharmacist in a pregnancy discrimination claim.
- Acting for a Harley Street therapy clinic in litigation focused on restraint of trade and restrictive covenants.
A Virtual Reality?
Fruit of the poisonous tree: Illegally obtained evidence, its consequences and private prosecution
Appointments & Memberships
Employment Lawyers Association