Sajid has a broad commercial practice and has been instructed in cases at all levels including in the Court of Appeal, High Court and County Court. His clients include airlines, insurance companies and banks.
Appointments & Memberships
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Young ICCA, International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LCIA Young International Arbitrators Group
Sajid is frequently instructed by airlines in the following areas:
- Warsaw and Montreal Conventions and associated passenger, cargo, baggage and delay claims.
- Carriage by air disputes involving EU regulations.
- Denied boarding claims.
Commercial and Chancery
Sajid accepts instructions in the areas of inheritance, loans and mortgage disputes, contract claims, consumer credit, hire purchase agreements and insurance.
Banking and Finance
Sajid was instructed by HM Treasury on the Co-Op Bank Review, an investigation conducted by the Prudential Regulatory Authority into the prudential supervision of the Cooperative Bank plc by the Financial Services Authority. He is also currently instructed as junior counsel within the Dame Linda Dobbs' Review considering whether issues relating to HBOS Reading were investigated and appropriately reported to authorities following Lloyds Banking Group’s acquisition of HBOS.
LLM, London School of Economics
LLB, King's College London
Dip. European Legal Studies (Erasmus), Leiden University, Netherlands
Awards and Scholarships
- Major Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Duke of Edinburgh Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Charlton’s Scholarship, School of Law, King’s College London
- English National Champion and International Semi-Finalist, Telders International Law Moot Court Competition
- Winner of Graveson Moot Cup