Robert Garson, Chairman of GS2Law, is an accomplished international lawyer, advocate and trial attorney, and regularly appears in United Stated federal district courts, appellate courts, the Trademark Trials and Appeals Board, and arbitral tribunals including Beth Din. He is one of the few Barrister-Attorneys with full active practicing certificates in England & Wales, New York, Florida, and District of Columbia.
Robert is regularly instructed by non-US counsel to act on behalf of non-US companies in actions in America. In particular, the enforcement of foreign awards in the US as he has a deep understanding of provisional relief in aid of foreign proceedings. As a result, Robert has been selected to Super Lawyers in the field of International Law for over a decade. Known for his fearless and robust style of litigation coupled with advanced trial strategies, he is also skilled in Cross-Examination and has returned to teach cross-examination at the renowned annual ITAP course at Cardozo for the past 12 years.
Robert’s experience has reached across all aspects of commercial disputes and is particularly knowledgable of the enforcement and defense of intellectual property infringement allegations. His clients include well-known publications, corporations, musicians, artists, movie producers, and individuals.
In the field of financial whistleblowing, Robert has successfully blown the whistle on behalf of clients, with the US Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission which have led to penalties of approximately $1 Billion.
Robert is the current serving President of the American Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists.
- Obtained multiple whistleblower awards, including one of the largest CFTC Whistleblower Award to date (over $45 million) for exposing the ISDAFIX global mark et manipulation.
- Obtained multiple whistleblower awards form the SEC for exposing the abusive practices employed by the major institutions concerning pre-release ADRs.
- Currently acting as counsel in AAA arbitration proceedings for a group on investors breach of licensing agreement, corporate waste and breaches of fiduciary duty. (AAA Arbitration, New York seat, New York law.)
- Lead counsel for Lehman Brothers Whisky against Barclays Capital on the validity of the Lehman Brothers trademark in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Counsel leading one of the major challenges against COVID over enforcement by the New York State Liquor Authority.
- Lead Counsel for Walmart in a design patent and trade dress infringement case before the Central District of California.
- Lead counsel for Observer.com, together defending allegations of libel in Southern District West Virginia.
- Trial counsel leading two other firms on behalf of a major urban music star before state court in Reno, Nevada.
- Successfully led the defense for a publicly traded company in a multi-jurisdictional, multimillion dollar, agro-pharmaceutical ICC arbitration. (ICC Arbitration, New York seat, New York and Italian law.)
- Obtained federal jury verdicts in favor of a Plaintiff against NCR the global leader in the self-checkout kiosk world, proving unfair competition with bad faith misappropriation of 3-D kiosk designs.
- Brought, successfully settled and enforced a Federal action against a publicly traded Canadian biologics company for breach of debt facilitation agreements.
- Enforcing the rights of a multinational licensee in Chicago AAA arbitration concerning the ongoing rights of a dead celebrity.
- Regularly appears before Batei Din (Tribunals of Jewish Law) as a Toen (advocate).
Appointments & Memberships
- University of Manchester – BA (hons) in Ancient History & Archaeology
- City University – Dip. Law
- Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law – LLM
- American Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists, President – 2021 to Present
- British Schools and Universities Foundation – Vice President, Legal and General Counsel – 2018 to Present
- Old Mancunians Association – Chair of North America – 2017 – Present
- Contributes regularly on privacy, First Amendment and intellectual property law in the New York Observer.
- A contributing author to The Business of Film: A Practical Introduction 2nd and 3rd Editions (Focal Press – Routledge 2018 and 2022).
- Whistleblowing – The Dodd-Frank Model – A Brief Primer and is it replicable elsewhere? Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (2019)
- From Toot to Loot - The Anatomy of a successful Whistleblower claim at the Global Litigation ConfEx, 20th June 2017.
- "Judaic Justice: Not just for the Chosen" at the Aspen Center for Social Values 2014.
Admitted to Practice
- England & Wales – 1999
- New York – 2010
- Florida – 2022
- District of Columbia – 2022
- Southern District New York – 2010
- Eastern District New York – 2010
- Northern Illinois Bankruptcy – 2021
- Southern District Florida – 2022
- Northern District Florida - 2023
- Appellate: US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit – 2012
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit - 2021
French and Hebrew