Kartikeya has a commercial practice and takes instructions to appear as sole counsel in the High Court, County Court and various first-tier tribunals across various sectors.
His areas of practice include:
- International Trade and Finance
- Company & Partnership
- International Arbitration
- Insurance and Reinsurance
Most recently, Kartikeya successfully defended a major airline carrier in a costs litigation arising out of the overlap of the ESC procedure and EU Regulation 261/2004.
Kartikeya regularly appears for a multinational telecommunications company in their contractual disputes.
Prior to joining the Bar, Kartikeya undertook a traineeship at the International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France during which he gained familiarity and experience in the various procedural aspects of institutional arbitration.
Kartikeya has also undertaken work experience at the International Court of Justice at The Hague and worked as a Volunteer Legal Consultant at the legal department of the United Nations Food & Agricultural Organization in Rome, Italy during his first law degree. During his time at the UN, Kartikeya contributed by way of legal writing and assisted several Senior Legal Officers towards editing content relevant across multiple jurisdictions.
Kartikeya is one of the few dual-qualified barristers with rights of audience across courts in India and England & Wales. Prior to coming to the English Bar, Kartikeya worked at a leading commercial law firm in Delhi, India across various sectors.
Appointments & Memberships
- The Honourable Society of Grays Inn
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Young International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
Kartikeya is one of the few dual qualified Indian Advocates to practice at both the Indian Bar and now as a pupil barrister, at the English Bar. He has previous traineeship experience at the International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France and the International Court of Justice at The Hague.
Kartikeya has also volunteered as a Legal Consultant at the headquarters of the United Nations Food & Agricultural Organization in Rome.
- Appeared for an insurance company in relation to a credit hire dispute.
- Kartikeya regularly appears for a global telecommunications company in contractual disputes.
- Graduate Diploma in Law (City, University of London)
- Bar Professional Training Course (City, University of London)
- Bachelor of Law, BA LLB (Hons) (School of Law & Legal Studies, GGS IP University, Delhi)
- Kartikeya has successfully defended a major airline in several claims arising out of EU Regulation 261/2004 and claims on costs.