The broad experience and expertise of the 36 Group’s Criminal team across all types of criminal cases is reinforced by specialist barristers who also practice in regulatory matters. Silks and junior Counsel advise at all stages of a regulatory investigation or prosecution in all types of cases applying their particular skills and experience of regulatory matters.
We have particular expertise in:
- Professional Disciplinary Hearings & fitness to practice relating to accountants, solicitors, healthcare professionals and police officers
- Tribunals – education, sports,
- Consumer - Breaches of planning regulations, fly tipping, Medicines Act breaches, animal welfare, trading standards, food standards and environmental offences. Street trading, noise abatement, POCA
- Acting for and against the Health and Safety Executive and the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Fraud and corruption cases, and cases concerning breaches of Company Law and Regulation, for or against the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Services Authority, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and HM Revenue and Customs.
- Fraud – Housing benefit, DVLA, VOSA. Cash for crash
- Applications undr the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, in the criminal and civil courts.
- Licensing applications, in relation to firearms, taxis and liquor (Drones)
- Coroners inquests
- Data protection and freedom of information
- International Sanctions
Several members of the team sit as chairs, panel members and legal advisors in various tribunals and provide insight into their experience