36 Commercial’s barristers are regularly instructed as advocates in complex commercial, corporate and international litigation, and appellate cases in the English and overseas courts. We are known for our expertise in contract disputes of all varieties, particularly those engaging cross-border and/or multi-jurisdictional issues.
36 Commercial also provides market-leading non-contentious commercial contracts services, from drafting and negotiating bespoke agreements for businesses to advising on compliance, FOIA, data protection, and associated regulatory matters.
We assist domestic and international businesses of all sizes, from the entrepreneurial start-up to the multinational corporation. Our Members act in the English and Welsh Courts at all levels, as well as in institutional and ad hoc international arbitration.
The 36 Commercial team draws on considerable expertise of both contentious and transactional contract matters arising out of the full spread of business activity, including:
- Agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- Banking and financial services
- Facility and credit agreements
- Collaboration and joint venture agreements
- Procurement and outsourcing contracts
- Franchise agreements
- Sale and purchase contracts
- Terms and conditions of business
- Technology transfer agreements
- Software licenses and e-commerce agreements
- Confidentiality and exclusivity agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Professional negligence in commercial circumstances (e.g. solicitors and accountants)
- Issues relating to arbitration awards
With over 140 barristers, mediators and arbitrators (including 18 Queen's Counsel, 3 Senior Counsel from Ireland and South Africa, and a Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court of India), as well as operations in Singapore and Hong Kong, The 36 Group a truly international multi-specialist set. Our contracts barristers are well-placed to assist solicitors, established businesses, HNWs, and entrepreneurs on commercial matters arising at all stages of the business lifecycle.
Richard Wilson QC, LL.D, Head of 36 Commercial, is also General Editor and contributor to Jordan’s publication, Commercial & Mercantile Courts Litigation Practice.